SAPPI Learnerships Careers Opportunity
There are many large companies around the world that provide promising careers in their companies. One among the promising one is SAPPI learnership career by Sappi Company. Sappi is a global corporation that concentrated on supplying paper pulp, paper-based mixtures, and liquefying wood pulp to their indirect and direct clients in over 150 countries around the world. These includes in numerous applications, from packaging, healthcare, textiles, and graphic papers. In 2016, Sappi reached their 80 years. Starting from a traditional paper and pulp company, Sappi has always been developing to keep relevant in this swiftly changing world. Established on December 17th, 1936, Sappi was initially known as South African Pulp and Paper Industries. Soon, the name was abbreviated as ‘SA Pulp’ and later, it became widely renowned as Sappi. At first, the initial hopes of this company is to create paper from grass. This initial hopes ignited the start of an intended evolution, a determined effort to steadily transform and adapt according to market conditions and finest practice to guarantee sustainable future.
The paper industry is currently in the phase of unprecedented change and the company becomes the leading company in term of technological improvement. Sappi keep on thriving to find the real potential of renewable and sustainable resources by devoting a lot in research and development programs. This commitment signifies the possibilities of diversification in the products offered and also to meet upcoming demands in various fields, such as pharmaceuticals and bio-energy that currently emerges in this carbon-constrained era.
The job fields offered in Sappi include information technology, supply chain, human resources, corporate affairs, engineering, legal, logistics, manufacturing, sales, finance strategy, marketing, pulp and paper technology, research and development, forestry, and procurement. Some of the attributes that are needed to join SAPPI are:
- Enjoying living in nature
- Responsible, alert, and careful
- The sense owning and pride for the work
- Professionalism, hard works, and passion
- Notable performance and the skill to motivate and encourage their co-workers to
- The skill to accustom to staying in distant and secluded surroundings.
- The courage to take well-thought risks in order to develop business’ value
- Similar ambitions with the company to become the standard in forestry
- The skills to communicate with other laborers and foresters
- Good coordination and physical fitness
- Have enquiring mind and great observation ability
- Have entrepreneurial approaches to assignments
- Versatility and practicality
- Have a commitment
For those of you who want to see this CAREER and LEARNERSHIP, you can click website below
For those of you who want to see all CAREER and LEARNERSHIPS
Sappi has manufacturing operations in 3 continents (4 mills in South Africa, 7 mills in Western Europe, and 3 mills in United States of America) and around 12,000 workforces in more than 20 countries around the world. These resources have produced approximately 1.3 million tons of liquefying wood pulp per year, 5.4 million tons of paper per year, and 2.3 million tons of paper pulp per year. Sappi has a target to become an expanded wood fiber company, aiming significant development in EBITDA by extending product collection with elevated margins. Some of the products that are manufactured by Sappi are listed below:
- Printing papers
- Specialty papers and packaging: specialty papers play a huge role nowadays in the environmentally conscious era. The grades of specialty include tissue products, silicone base papers, paper for thermal printing, food grade and finest quality packaging paper.
- Release papers and casting: this product is commonly used by the suppliers for household industries, fashion, automobile, and textile.
- DWP (Dissolving wood pulp): this product is usually used as the main material to create VSF or Viscose staple fiber for textiles and clothing. Sometimes, VSF is also used on pharmaceutical products, foodstuffs, and household products.